The mission of RDAS is to give voice to people with disability.
We will: empower, inform, support and advocate for people with disability so they can live the life they choose.
We will: inform service providers and the community at large of the rights of people with disability and the value they add to society.
As stated in our Constitution, RDAS exists to:
• Advocate for people with disabilities in relation to their rights under the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
• Provide information and support and promote positive change in the lives of people with a disability and their carers.
• Promote and protect rights of people with a disability by systemically advocating to influence all levels of Government and service providers.
• Empower individuals to advocate for themselves.
• Resource and support disability-related groups and initiatives.
• Promote inclusion of people with disability as active members of their community.