THE WALK FOR THE HOMELESS
Starting on September 8, 2017 Major Brendan Nottle from the Salvation Army will spearhead a walk to Canberra to meet with politicians from all parties. The aim is to shed a light on the needs of people who are homeless in Australia.
What is needed is qualified first aiders, and they will be needed from 8am – the job will be to drive the support vehicle for a 20km stretch (the volunteer will be transported back to the starting place at the end of the day). The following days are required to be covered.
- Friday 22nd September – Wangaratta to Tarraingee
- Wednesday 27th September – Staghorn Flat to Tallangatta
- Thursday 28th September – Tallangatta to Bullioh
- Friday 29th September – Bullioh to Shelley
- Saturday 30th September – Shelley to Guys Forrest
- Monday 2nd October – Guys Forrest to Walwa
- Tuesday 3rd October – Walwa to Munderoo
Volunteers are required to have a first aid ticket and would be willing to help on any of the days listed.
please follow link to email or call Chip Eling on 0417543585