The Regional Disability Advocacy Service (RDAS) is a not-for-profit organisation that assists people with a disability living in the Oven Murray district of North East Victoria and the Murrumbidgee district of Southern NSW.
Our service provides free and independent advocacy and information to anyone with a disability, of any age to ensure equality of rights and increased integration into the community.
We can assist people to find services that will meet your needs and link you into service of your choice.
Click on the link to download the RDAS advocacy brochure
We began operating as RDAS in July, 2017 following the merger of the Wagga-based Disability Advocacy Network and the Wodonga-based Disability Advocacy and Information Service.
Both organisations had 25 years’ experience in providing disability advocacy services in their respective areas.
The mission of RDAS is to give voice to people with disability.
We will: empower, inform, support and advocate for people with disability so they can live the life they choose.
We will: inform service providers and the community at large of the rights of people with disability and the value they add to society.
As stated in our Constitution, RDAS exists to:
• Advocate for people with disabilities in relation to their rights under the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
• Provide information and support and promote positive change in the lives of people with a disability and their carers.
• Promote and protect rights of people with a disability by systemically advocating to influence all levels of Government and service providers.
• Empower individuals to advocate for themselves.
• Resource and support disability-related groups and initiatives.
• Promote inclusion of people with disability as active members of their community.
Areas we cover:
Our main office is located in Wodonga, with an office in Wagga Wagga. We also provide outreach services in many of the towns in our catchment area. To view a map of areas we cover click here